Hypnotherapy in Nottingham -

What is hypnosis?

Categories

Is hypnosis real?
powered by

My Blog

What is hypnosis?

There's an awful lot of misunderstanding about hypnosis. Even qualified hypnotherapists can't agree as to what hypnosis really is! My own opinion is that hypnosis is a natural state of mind  that we all experience many times a day; being engrossed in a movie, concentrating on a specific task; drifting off into a daydream etc. The list goes on and, in fact, it could be argued that hypnosis is such a common state that it really isn't a "state" at all and is actually how we are almost all of the time. So, in a way, there's no such thing as hypnosis. Anyway that's just my opinion. Any other views out there?

9 Comments to What is hypnosis?:

Comments RSS
Helen Elission on 03 May 2018 10:50
Hypnosis is, perhaps, one of the most misunderstood and controversial methods of psychological treatment. How we quickly hypnotize someone? it's work or not? Hypnosis is really used for to reduce stress? http://howtohypnotizesomeoneinstantly.com/
Reply to comment

googlr on 16 May 2018 09:17
one of the most misunderstood and controversial
Reply to comment

eassay writer on 25 May 2018 17:11
What is hypnosis is really an important topic to understand. Some people are having the knowledge of hypnosis but some people need to understand it completely. I am thinking to ask people to read this blog.
Reply to comment

Robert on 26 May 2018 13:14
Even a lot of my hypnotherapy colleagues can't fully agree on exactly what hypnosis is or how important depth of hypnosis is when doing therapy. The one thing I know for sure is that it isn't what most of the population think it is. (i.e. a lot of people still believe that hypnosis is some sort of mind control). The best definition for me, and the one I share with my students is a state of mind where the critical faculty is temporarily bypassed and selective thinking is introduced. This means it's actually an everyday state of mind, e.g. being engrossed in a movie or novel, advertising, drifting off into a daydream etc. So hypnosis is all about the power of suggestion and imagination rather than control. Always good to hear what others think though.

custom thesis on 08 June 2018 10:07
I don't trust that. This method is not for me. I don't want to try that.
Reply to comment

physics homework help on 12 June 2018 13:10
Our researcher are the best individual since they do diligent work and make extraordinary and new things for us. Presently in this post tell about the starting of a rocket so those individuals need to go and see this they do their name enlist and note the time and date.
Reply to comment